Public Lands Endowment Trust
In 2012 the Public Lands Council established the Public Lands Endowment Trust for the purpose of maintaining an endowment to protect, enhance and preserve public lands and the public lands livestock grazing industry.
Each year PLC awards funding to worthy applicants in areas such as research, education, and outreach. Since the Trust’s inception, over $2 million have been awarded with all public lands ranchers reaping the benefits. PLC is actively seeking applicants for 2018 funding and will select recipients based on overall merit and strength of proposal for research in the West. Proposed projects may involve but are not limited to:
- Land Management & Conservation
- Administration/Travel support
All inquiries regarding the proposal submission process shall be made to the Executive Director of PLC and proposals shall be submitted to the PLC office at 1275 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 801, Washington, D.C. 20004, or via our online system.
- Proposals are due in the PLC office by COB May 31st
- June – Review and follow up clarification/questions and responses due (if needed)
- August – Proposals sent to the PLC Board of Directors for review
- September – Selections made by the PLC Endowment Trust Board of Directors during PLC Annual Meeting.